• Advertisement

archery pricing

archery pricing

Postby Hidden By Design » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:23 pm

Do you charge extra for 2 different patterns. example riser in kryptek typhoon limbs in yeti? If so how much extra? I haven't been charging extra but I'm thinking maybe I should.
Hidden By Design
Premium Member

Re: archery pricing

Postby OneMoreDip » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:28 pm

No not usually because I can usually have a justification for any base color due to volume. I really couldn't care any less what pattern somebody picks If you are ultra low volume you may want to consider the time you have in cleaning your gun etc
OneMoreDip
Premium Member

Postby Hidden By Design » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:23 pm

Exactly why I'm considering the up charge only do about 6 or 7 bows a week

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Hidden By Design
Premium Member

Postby CustomSierra » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:25 pm

There are several reasons to consider an up charge.

1. If you have to use more than one base color

2. If your applying one pattern over the other - I would charge $25 for a riser on top of the original cost...maybe more if depnding on what the film is running me per sq foot.

3. how mucy time with any extra masking due to a second pattern.( how much is your labor worth? $10.00 bucks an hour?....)
CustomSierra
Premium Member

Postby Hidden By Design » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:29 am

It's extra time obviously because you normally have two different base coats.I'm currently running a special riser/limb dip $100 plus return shipping to build up film stock and get my name out there. With a special like that I'm thinking the upcharge should be added for extra work like 2 different patterns.

Hidden By Design
Premium Member

Postby Smitty » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:37 am

Yeah, Industry standard on a bow dip was about 180 before some folks starting bombing forums with their 100 bow dips... Do you know how many 100 dollar bow dips I've reworked? Not to mention the losses from folks underselling the shit out of this service... How can you possibly make money dipping limbs and riser for 100 bucks?

Thanks
: /
Smitty
Premium Member

Postby Hidden By Design » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:51 am

Smitty wrote:Yeah, Industry standard on a bow dip was about 180 before some folks starting bombing forums with their 100 bow dips... Do you know how many 100 dollar bow dips I've reworked? Not to mention the losses from folks underselling the shit out of this service... How can you possibly make money dipping limbs and riser for 100 bucks?

Thanks

You need to read my post again. This is a special on the riser and limbs only not a complete bow. You do understand the reason for running a special. I have over $20,000 invested in my business so I'm not one of those garage dippers. I didn't open for business till Jan5 so i don't have a huge customer base yet. Also in my area the median income might not be as high as your area thus the reason for lower prices. I've compared my prices to others and find that I'm higher on some prices and lower on others. Some things i have no idea of how to price like the motorcycle i posted about the other day. Thanks to K2 and the kid i came up with a price.

Hidden By Design
Premium Member

Postby Smitty » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:28 am

Hidden By Design wrote:
Smitty wrote:Yeah, Industry standard on a bow dip was about 180 before some folks starting bombing forums with their 100 bow dips... Do you know how many 100 dollar bow dips I've reworked? Not to mention the losses from folks underselling the shit out of this service... How can you possibly make money dipping limbs and riser for 100 bucks?

Thanks

You need to read my post again. This is a special on the riser and limbs only not a complete bow. You do understand the reason for running a special. I have over $20,000 invested in my business so I'm not one of those garage dippers. I didn't open for business till Jan5 so i don't have a huge customer base yet. Also in my area the median income might not be as high as your area thus the reason for lower prices. I've compared my prices to others and find that I'm higher on some prices and lower on others. Some things i have no idea of how to price like the motorcycle i posted about the other day. Thanks to K2 and the kid i came up with a price.

Go look at folks webpages... Riser by themselves were 75 at a minimum... between me, Oregon, Hanover, NW Hydroprint, and just about anyone with a public webpage... so a 100 dollar bow package is rediculously low, and your area has nothing to do with it since most bows are shipped to you from another area. I understand the "special"... I've seen these specials run for 2 years now... I have 20 grand invested in my business... and I'm one of the dreaded tub dippers, I still don't undersell everyone.
Smitty
Premium Member

Postby Hidden By Design » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:30 pm

Smitty wrote:
Hidden By Design wrote:

Thanks

Go look at folks webpages... Riser by themselves were 75 at a minimum... between me, Oregon, Hanover, NW Hydroprint, and just about anyone with a public webpage... so a 100 dollar bow package is rediculously low, and your area has nothing to do with it since most bows are shipped to you from another area. I understand the "special"... I've seen these specials run for 2 years now... I have 20 grand invested in my business... and I'm one of the dreaded tub dippers, I still don't undersell everyone.

It's called competition for business the big guys have lots of overhead thus the reason for higher prices. Their name is out there and do not have to run specials to attract business. Location does have a bearing on prices ever heard of cost of living. I'm 41 and already made enough money to retire so don't be telling me i don't know how to make money. Fyi tarjac probably one of the biggest companies there is charges $60 for riser or limbs so I'm only cutting $20 to run a special. Let me repeat it's a special designed to attract business. It will probably run 6 months then I'll go back to normal prices.

Hidden By Design
Premium Member

Postby Smitty » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:10 pm

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2[/quote]

Go look at folks webpages... Riser by themselves were 75 at a minimum... between me, Oregon, Hanover, NW Hydroprint, and just about anyone with a public webpage... so a 100 dollar bow package is rediculously low, and your area has nothing to do with it since most bows are shipped to you from another area. I understand the "special"... I've seen these specials run for 2 years now... I have 20 grand invested in my business... and I'm one of the dreaded tub dippers, I still don't undersell everyone.[/quote]

It's called competition for business the big guys have lots of overhead thus the reason for higher prices. Their name is out there and do not have to run specials to attract business. Location does have a bearing on prices ever heard of cost of living. I'm 41 and already made enough money to retire so don't be telling me i don't know how to make money. Fyi tarjac probably one of the biggest companies there is charges $60 for riser or limbs so I'm only cutting $20 to run a special. Let me repeat it's a special designed to attract business. It will probably run 6 months then I'll go back to normal prices.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2[/quote]
I'm not trying to offend.. I'm just saying... The 100 dollar dip deals are no new thing.. and normally go on forever... The cost of living statement doesnt really make any sense either as people ship their bows to you, and running discounts to gain customers on a 1 term basis makes you no more money in the end. (in fact, you just lose profits). I could really care less what or how you make money... I'm just sayin, in the end, you'll not do as good as you may think you will... especially since your catering to cheap asses.
Smitty
Premium Member

Next

Return to Problems and Advice